Thursday 11 March 2010

Return of the Beck


When Manchester United drew AC Milan in the last 16 phase of the Champions League, I do not think anybody could have predicted the emotions displayed at the full time whistle. The occasion saw David Beckham, a United legend and supporter return to his former club.

Being a Manchester United supporter myself it was hard not to wish a man who I had idolised in my younger years luck, and secretly maybe wanted him to score (although I failed to mention that to the lads in the pub).

Manchester United fans gave Beck's a tremendous reception and personally I think that meant more to him than the scoreline, which he pretty much overshadowed! Beckham even joined in the recent campaign against the Glazer families control of Manchester United by donning the green and gold scarf at the full time whistle, at which point he was almost in tears.

Personally, I hope this is not the last time we see Becks at Old Trafford. Maybe a bit far fetched, but it would be nice to see him return to his old club to see out the rest of his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment